Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"And how shall I call upon my God, my Lord and my God? because that when I invoke Him I call Him into myself: and what place is there in me fit for my God to come into me by, whither God may come into me; even that God which made heaven and earth? " - St. Augustine, Confessions Book I chapter II.

It is divine providence I just happened to come accross this in my search for a decent blog name , for Augustine has uttered in these few lines a statement that all of us can ask ourselves. I have always felt an affinity for the Bishop of Hippo for I feel I can relate to him. I, a person who once made no effort to not live a sinful life who now continuosly (or well most of the time...) travels the path of repentence and yearns for a union with God.

What is the point of this blog? I don't know. I once had a blog before but I felt it was not very useful and abandoned it, left like the various pieces of space junk that orbits our planet as I type. Why am I creating a blog when I should be writing exegisis on Paul's letter to the Romans for college? Thats the question that should be asked here lol. Anyways, perhaps it will be a good place to reflect or gather my theological wanderings into some sort of coherent body. Or another outlet to distract me from school haha, we shall see.

No comments:

Blessed Constantine XI

Blessed Constantine XI

Mar Isaac of Syria

Mar Isaac of Syria

St. Gregory Palamas

St. Gregory Palamas