Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Rant about Monarchy, some other stuff

So I noticed on CAF that there was a poster calling it "Anti American" to kiss a Bishop's ring because it acknowledges "royal status". Oh how Leo XIII is rolling in his grave because of Americanist comments like that.

Been ahwile since I have updated this but I suppose I need to keep all 0 of my readers up to date.

"Once someone has doubted God's care for him, he immediately falls into a myriad of anxieties." - Mar Isaac the Syrian

This is my Isaac of Syria quote of the week (and by week I mean until I think to add another quote). This is a very true statement, even the least amount of doubt will take one down from a very high level spiritual union. It eats away at the person slowly at first until it makes a decisive attack and drags one down to despair. Saint Claude de la colombiere says that we need to attack the passions at the first sign of trouble, even if its the most slightiest passion, such as a desire to hang out with friends rather then follow your prayer schedule. The same could be applied to fighting doubts. Spiritual warfare is "serious business" to borrow a well known internet meme. If you get a slight wound, you don't just keep walking it off until you start getting to a critical condition of blood loss. You seek treatment to restore your health and this treatment is of course. The physician does not seek patients who are well, but those that are ill and this physician of course if Christ. Therefore a trip to the doctor is in order at the first sign of trouble, not at the last second. This is, I beleive, something that many people (including myself) fail to do constantly. Anyways, sorry I am kind of ranting and not really making too much of a point (blame the david bowie music I am listening to in the background). Anyways perhaps the next post will be more coherant.

JMJ

No comments:

Blessed Constantine XI

Blessed Constantine XI

Mar Isaac of Syria

Mar Isaac of Syria

St. Gregory Palamas

St. Gregory Palamas